Thursday 31 March 2011

Edmonton Beer Festival and Brewery Tours!

Are you tired of boring plans for the last weekend of April?  Are you looking for something fun?  Well then, if you're like me, you'll be headed to Edmonton's International Beerfest!  But wait, that's not all!  Why stop there when you can add in two brewery tours to really kick things up a notch?

Act now, and you can be taking advantage of this exciting offer for three amazing experiences!  But you're under no obligation, folks.  That's right!  No obligation!

You can mix and match as you wish!  Attend both evenings of the beer festival, and both brewery tours; one brewery and both festival nights; both breweries and one festival night; whatever you want, it's really up to you!

Infomercial aside, here's the real scoop:

Edmonton's International Beerfest

Friday, April 29; 4 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, April 30; 3 PM - 10:30 PM

at the Shaw Conference Centre
9797 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta

Admission is $20-30 per evening, depending on your ticket choice.

Over 200 beers are promised this year.

Beer stamps are $0.50 each; I've heard some samples at previous Edmonton beerfests have cost as many as eight stamps.  That's pretty steep, I admit.  At a beer festival in Victoria a couple of years ago, I paid $1.50 - $3 for samples, and my beer costs for the weekend were around $150.  I'm expecting my Edmonton weekend to be around the same.   You can sample as many or as few as you want, so the hit to your wallet may differ.

Some food will be available at the festival.

www.internationalbeerfest.com for tickets and more info

Alley Kat Brewery tour

Friday, April 29; 12 PM
Tour is $12.50, tickets available at the door.
9929-60th Ave
Edmonton, Alberta

www.alleykatbeer.com

Alley Kat is releasing another beer for their 650mL Big Bottle Series.  The first in the series, Three Bears Oatmeal Stout, happens to be sitting beside me as I write this.  It is phenomenal.  Delicious malt flavors, full-bodied; went into the glass black as night with a thick tan head.  A little biscuity, with a slight bitter aftertaste.  Did I mention it's phenomenal?

The next beer in the series is a Maibock, presently unnamed.  Alley Kat's having a contest to give title to their new brew; you can enter your idea on their Facebook page.  Their launch party for the maibock is April 28th; I died a little inside as they announced that today.  I just committed to working some overtime that day.  All hope is not lost, however, as I'm sure we can sample their new beer after our tour of the Alley Kat brewery the next day!

Amber's Brewing tour

Saturday, April 30; 12 PM
Tour is $12.50, tickets online!
9926-78 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta

www.ambersbrewing.com

I would recommend eating something before each brewery tour.  The breweries may offer pretzels or the like, but we all know the story about those.

Transportation is something to keep in mind.  Nobody wants anyone drinking and driving.  A party bus is crazy expensive, so I'm suggesting everyone take a cab between destinations.

I've been plugging this beer weekend on Empire Avenue for over a week now.  Almost to the point of spam.  Trust me, if I didn't hold myself in check a few times, I would have crossed that line already.  Anyways, though I have drummed up some interest, I don't have any solid numbers of people attending yet.  I hope you'll be the first to commit.  Well, second, because I'll be going regardless.  More beer for me, right?

Anyone attending will be responsible for their own tickets.  No minors at any event, of course.

Let me know you're interested by sending me a message on Empire Avenue.  My ticker is (e)BEER1

Cheers,

Brent
(e)BEER1

No comments:

Post a Comment