Wednesday 2 March 2011

The Tug at My Wallet and a Frustrating Wait

I've been on a zombie kick lately; since they're the new vampires and werewolves, it seems.  The mindless undead are everywhere right now...comics, books, television, movies, my company's boardroom.

I started reading The Walking Dead graphic novels a couple months ago.  I'm hooked on the story, but I'm considering shovelling driveways or getting a paper route to pay for the issues.  I guess that's one of the consequences of latching on to the series eight years after its start.

The first season of The Walking Dead tv series was pretty impressive and I'm definitely looking forward to the second season in July.

'Rise Again' by Ben Tripp was a scary take on the advancement of zombies.  Rumors are that a sequel is in the works.  I'm still me, and I'm hoping this is the case.

Aside from zombies, depending on your take on what's beyond the Wall, George RR Martin is still working on the next book in his A Song of Ice and Fire series.  It's been several years (six!) since 'A Feast for Crows' was released.  I can only hope my annual re-reads of the series is not in vain.

Brent Knowles introduced me to www.anthologybuilder.com, a fantastic site for building your own collection of short stories.  The first anthology I compiled, including a couple of Brent's stories, only took a couple weeks to arrive, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I was quite surprised when Brent pointed out 'The Magic Hat' was mentioned

http://community.livejournal.com/anthobuilder/45281.html

For less than the cost of one The Walking Dead graphic novel, I'll be building a second anthology very soon.
And possibly preparing the sacrifice of a chicken in the hopes that GRRM finishes his long-awaited installment soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment